Premier Legal Services
- Commercial Transactions
- Employment Agreements
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreements
- Severance and Separation Agreements
- Executive/Deferred/Equity Compensation
- Entity Formation and Governance (LLC, C-Corp, S-Corp, Partnership, etc.)
- Shareholder Agreements
- Operating Agreements
- Asset and Stock Sales
- Intellectual Property
- Commercial Contracts and Vendor Relationships
- Real Estate
- Business Disputes
An ounce of prevention really is worth a pound of cure. Up-front planning and careful documentation can prevent expensive and time-consuming legal problems down the road. Mr. Larsen has extensive experience representing businesses of all sizes, including Fortune 500 corporations, mid-sized companies, and smaller family businesses headquartered in Idaho, Montana, Utah, California, Florida, Washington, and Oregon.
Mr. Larsen has served as general counsel for a wide range of clients in numerous industries. His focus is on helping each of his clients successfully grow and protect their business.
- Estate Planning and Asset Protection
- Estate Planning for Children With Disabilities
- Financial Powers of Attorney
- Healthcare Directives and Powers of Attorney
- End-of-Life Decisions
- Retirement Plans
- Life Insurance
- Medicare Planning and Benefits
- Medicaid Planning for Long-Term Care
- Senior Care and Living Options
- VA Benefits (Medical, Home Healthcare, and Assisted Living)
- Reverse Mortgages
- Funeral Planning
- Elder Abuse
Elder care law is a specialty of law that is designed to meet the needs of aging clients and those with disabilities as they transition into a new phase of life. Mr. Larsen focuses on his client’s wishes and the family’s goals of obtaining the highest quality of care in the least restrictive setting to ensure that his client maintains the highest degree of discretion and freedom.
This includes accessing available public benefits, including Medicaid, Medicare, Veterans benefits, and State programs. It also includes assisting families in making housing, financial, health care, and end-of-life decisions through the use of durable powers of attorney, health care directives, applications for benefits, and family training.
- Simple and Complex Wills
- Living Wills and Health Care Directives
- Powers of Attorney
- Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts
- Special Needs Trusts
- Charitable Trusts
- Business Succession Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Guardianships (for Minor or Disabled Adult Children)
- Conservatorships (for Financial Management)
- Probate and Trust Administration
- Elder Care Law
Since one of estate planning’s most important functions is to help you plan for your own future wellbeing and security, estate planning should be a primary focus each time you transition from one life stage to another. Updating and customizing your estate plan is important because your personal needs and family desires will change over time.
A customized estate plan is a carefully constructed road map that reflects your options and desires regarding family security, retirement planning, financial decisions when incapacitated, health care decisions when incapacitated, disability planning, tax planning, planning for gifts during your life, charitable giving, and eventually the disposition of your assets upon death.
Even seemingly basic estate plans can be very complex. There are many facets to an estate plan, and there is a myriad of laws and regulations that need to be followed. By working with an experienced estate planning attorney like Mr. Larsen, you are in a much better position to prevent financial problems, family contention, and costly court proceedings.
This allows you to continue protecting yourself and providing for your family in the manner you desire. Our goal is to provide you with the right estate plan to fit your stage in life.
- Analyze whether probate is necessary, and if so, which type of probate.
- Assist with the preparation of the required probate documents and required notices.
- Assist in the inventory, valuation, and accounting of estate assets.
- Make and collect insurance claims as necessary.
- Handle creditor claims.
- Assist with the preparation of final tax returns.
- Monitor the preservation and investment of the estate’s assets.
- Arrange for the distribution or sale of the estate’s net assets.
- Coordinate the timing of distributions to maximize tax savings.
- Assist with closing the estate.
- Consult with individual trustees concerning the discharge of the trust’s terms.
- Consult with beneficiaries concerning trust administration matters and trust accounts.
- Handle actions that seek to challenge, construe, or reform the terms of a will or trust.
After the death of a loved one, those serving as executors or trustees can face daunting responsibilities during an already stressful period. The probate or trust administration process occurs during an emotional time for families, and the complex and detailed tasks associated with the process only add to the heavy load.
To help prevent undue burden and confusion, we work closely with executors and trustees by providing clear, detailed guidance on the legal and technical steps of properly administering an estate or trust.
- Compliance with ERISA, PPACA, HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, and related Federal and State regulations
- Specializing in health and welfare benefit plans
- Plan documents, Trust documents, SPDs, SSMs, and required notices
- Fiduciary and staff training
- Required reporting to Federal and State agencies
- Regulatory agency audits and enforcement actions
- TPA and vendor agreements
- Stop-loss arrangements and contracts
- Benefit plan design and strategies
- Broker agreements, commissions, and compensation
- Insurance policy coverage
- ERISA Litigation
The rules governing employee benefits are complex, and dealing with vendors, insurance companies, and regulatory agencies can be frustrating. We simplify the complex and cut through the red tape for our clients.
Mr. Larsen has extensive experience with a wide range of employee benefit plans, trusts, plan sponsors, fiduciaries, MEWAs, TPAs, PBMs, stop-loss carriers, captives, insurance carriers, brokerage firms, and cost-containment vendors in multiple states. He also has a unique specialty in self-funded medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and disability benefit plans at both the Federal and State level.